Surgical termination of unwanted pregnancy may be traumatizing, abortion pills on the other hand makes the whole process comfortable for the woman respecting her body and choice. MTP Kit is one such abortion pill that is an easy and safe method.
What is an MTP kit?
MTP kit is a highly recommended abortion pill it consists of two medications named Mifepristone and Misoprostol. Their composition is 200 mg of Mifepristone and 800 mcg of Misoprostol.
When is the MTP kit most suitable to use?
MTP kit is most suitable to use when terminating an unplanned pregnancy; it is advisable to use the MTP kit within 63 days (i.e 9 weeks) from the last menstruation, i.e. the previous period.
How does the MTP kit operate?
Mifepristone in the MTP kit blocks the progesterone hormone. This hormone keeps the womb lining intact and prevents uterine contraction until pregnancy. Blocking the hormone will break the entire womb lining and uterine contraction.
How safe is the MTP kit?
MTP kit is one of the safest ways used by millions of women.
It is recommended that MTP be used after the consultation of a medical practitioner.
However, it should be avoided in the case of
- Kidney Diseases
- Patients With Asthma
- Bleeding Disorders Patients Experiencing Clotting Disorders
- Allergy To Any of The Kit’s Ingredients
- If The Patient Is Above 35 Years Old
- Patients With IUD (INTRAUTERINE DEVICES)
- Patients With Inherited Porphyria or Similar Disorders
- Liver Diseases Or Patients Suffering From Liver Tumors.
How to use the MTP Kit?
The MTP kit consists of one tablet of Mifepristone and four tablets of Misoprostol which can be consumed as following;
- Mifepristone is to be administered by the user orally.
- Misoprostol is to be administered through the vagina or buccally
Misoprostol can be administered buccally (800 mcg). Four pills i.e 2 pills of 200 mcg each should be placed below your cheek pouches or below your tongue for 30 minutes then drink a glass of water should be consumed.
NOTE:- The leaflet inside the package will give a better illustration of the usage.
It is recommended that the tablet should be consumed after meals. This is to avoid any gastric problems.
What is the commonly advised Dosage of MTP Kit?
Common Dosage Advised for MTP Kit is:-
Each MTP Kit pack contains 5 tablets:
- 1 tablet of Mifepristone (200 mg)
- 4 tablet of Misoprostol (200 mcg each)
What are Precautions that need to be understood?
- Allergic reaction:- Any allergic reaction observed should be immediately reported to the doctor.
- Overdosage:- should be avoided to prevent toxicity. In case of overdosage should be reported to the doctor immediately.
- Smokers:- Patients smoking more than ten cigarettes a day should use this kit only in a doctor’s consultation.
- Patients on corticosteroids should avoid MTP or use only after advised
What are the Side-effects of MTP Kit?
There are commonly observed and less commonly observed side effects.
Some of the most common side-effects are:-
- Heavy Bleeding(vaginal and uterine bleeding)
- Leg Pain
- Extreme tiredness
Some of the less common side-effects are:-
- Abdominal Cramps
- Swelling of parts like eyelids, face, lips, mouth or tongue.
In case of severity of any of these side-effects, the user is requested to consult a medical authority immediately.
MTP kit's drug interactions to be careful about:-
A particular span of food items, tests, and medicines should not be consumed during MTP administration to avoid mismatched drug interactions.
No particular food item as such should be avoided except grapefruit juice as it can increase the bleeding.
Which Medicine can Interact with an MTP kit?
- It is advised that the patient/user must consult the doctor about their previous drug intake history.
- This includes consuming herbal products that should be informed to the medical authority.
- There are some of the standard drug interactions with the given below drugs.
These drug interactions can cause mild to moderate effects.
The drug causing mild drug effects are:-
The drugs causing moderate drug effects are:-
NOTE:- List of all drug interactions is not mentioned here, thus, it is advisable for the user to consult a medical expert about their previous drug interactions.
How should I know if the MTP kit was effective or not?
It is advised that after 14-15 days of administration of MTP, a mandatory follow-up check-up should be done to confirm the termination of the unplanned pregnancy.
What are the applicable storage requirements for MTP kit tablets?
MTP kit should be stored in:-
- A place with low/cool temperature
- Moisture -free place
- The temperature should be optimally below 25 degrees.
- The MTP kit should be kept out of children's reach.
Why choose MTP?
Unplanned pregnancy termination through an MTP kit is the safest termination procedure with no surgery. It has many advantages, i.e. It is easy, way more cost-effective than surgeries, and has no risk of surgical operation. You can Buy MTP Kit Online, and the best part is you can terminate at home with no trouble and absolute secrecy.
Where is the MTP abortion pill kit available?
MTP kit is available online. You can Buy MTP Kit Online from our website with a credit card. We also have easy payment and shipping methods that ensure you get your MTP kit delivered on time at your door-step. Visit our website for more details.
Some Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Can MTP Kit be consumed with alcohol?
Consumption of MTP with alcohol will increase the risk of side effects. In consuming an MTP kit with alcohol, medical authority is immediately informed.
Is an MTP kit advisable for lactating mothers?
It is not advisable for breastfeeding mothers. In case of consumption, a doctor should be immediately consulted.
Can the consumption of an MTP kit hamper driving ability?
Yes, the MTP kit can cause tiredness and dizziness, hampering driving ability. Therefore, one should refrain from driving after consuming the MTP kit.
Can MTP affect the menstruation cycle?
It is observed that the usage of the MTP kit will affect the menstruation cycle. Therefore, patients with a medical history of menstruation problems should consult the doctor.
Should the medication dose be continued even after successful termination?
It is advised that the discontinuation of the dosage of MTP medicine should be done only with advice /consultation of the doctor.
Your general practitioner should further guide when and how the dose of the MTP kit should be stopped.